Re: iscsci daemon and scsi emulation

Redhat wrote:
Hello to everyone in the list.

What does the iscsi daemon do? I setup scsi emulation for an atapi cdrw
drive so I could burn cdroms. I can still access my cdrw drive and burn
cdroms whether or not iscsi is running.

What does iscsi do and how is it related to scsi emulation?

iscsi is Internet SCSI, basically giving access to disks over the internet via SCSI commands. It has nothing to do with scsi emulation. You can safely turn it off and remove it. For more info on iscsi, `rpm -qi iscsi` and `less /usr/share/doc/iscsi-2.1.0.20/README`.

Seeing as iscsi is only installed with an 'Everything' install, you can probably remove a lot of other packages.

Forrest