RE: Linux vs Windows

Ok I have to revise some of my articulations on this issue.  My first
post was a bit rambelling, and was not as precise as it could be.
To address a few points...

>MS Windows is *perceived* as "more intuitive" is because there
>are so many people who were already in contact with it
I do actually agree with this on reflection.

>Not only are you prohibited from configuring many things in the system,
>you can't uninstall many programs
I also very much agree with this.

I also agree that MS products have a horrible security history.  This may
be in part due to the fact that so many people use them that virus
developers etc target that sort of system more than they do linux.
but i am prepared to agree that linux is much more intrinsically secure.

>While RH 8 and up don't support mp3 out-of-the-box, it's not
>difficult to get the versions of the apps that do support it.
I agree with this too.  but it is just another step for the
beginning user.  but in favour of linux, There are examples of
this difficulty in windows as well, like getting c compilers
and other stuff that come with most linux distros by default.

>Actually IE is not as standards compliant as Mozilla.  The things
>that look good in IE but don't in Mozilla are things that MS has used to
>break standards compliance in order to make them look good.
Woops, I might have gotten things mixed up in my post on this issue.
I know that IE and Moz do things differently, but i did not want to
say that IE is better.  In fact, it is probably not.  it was a slip
that i used wrongly in my discussion.  sorry folks.

>It seems like every time I try to install RH I run into
>something that I have to "tweak". Windows doesn't(usually) give you issues
>till you have installed. Then all hell breaks loose. ;)
I do also agree that the install process for RH is just as simple as
that for Win, but.. i still agree with this above comment.