Re: problem w/ "redhat-config-packages"

Hi Pavel,
Thanks for the tip.
I tried your suggestion (>redhat-config-packages --tree=/u1/cmura/ISOs/, which is where the disc1-->5 iso's are located), but this doesn't help...
Well, at least the "redhat-config-packages" application opens properly, but when I check the packages to install (for example, to re-install Gnome from scratch) and click "Update", it hangs when it's computing package dependencies, with the errors "Packages Not Found" and then MANY "Unlocatable packages"...
But, these unlocatable packages really are installed on the system (for example, it complains about "pygtk2", which I know is installed because the command line ">rpm -qa | egrep -i pygtk2" returns "pygtk2-1.99.12-7"). So, "redhat-config-packages" is still mis-informed as to what is and is not installed on the system, and I don't know how to resolve this problem...
Thanks for any explanations/clues,

Cameron

Pavel Rozenboim wrote:

I don't know what causes your problem, but if you have enough space, you can
either copy all packages from CDs to directory and use
'redhat-config-packages --tree=/path/to/packages' command or put the iso
images of your RH cdroms into one directory and use 'redhat-config-packages
--isodir=/path' command.

Also try to verify redhat-config-packages package (rpm -V
redhat-config-packages) and reinstall it if needed.

Pavel.