OT Fax questions

  software including efax.  Where one uses the OS and PC as fax
  machine.

I want to know if anyone knows how to use a freestanding fax from RH8.

That is, my wife has a `hp 0fficejet 145' (fax, copy, scan, print) One
of those all purpose units attached to a dual booter PC running xp and
rh8.  It came with HP software that allows the user to write and add
cover letters, keep logs etc when run from XP.

It can be run freestanding as well.  Short of typing and printing a
cover letter, adding it to the tray manually, I see no way to do a
cover letter for and send a few papers while in Linux OS.