Re: Best way to update to RH9 from 8.0 ?

Mike Vanecek wrote:

 > Of course, that does not really help all the applications one has
 > installed that are in /var or /usr (such as chkrootkit, spamassassin,
 > wormscan, www apps, and so on). Might as well start from scratch.

Yep, it pretty much is starting from scratch.  For major releases I
don't mind; it gets me to learn more about what's new and improved about
the release, and makes sure my system stays pretty clean.

I'm not sure I recommend this for hundreds of systems, but for the three
machines I administer for home and work use, it's fine.

Raul