[psyche] Re: Best way to update to RH9 from 8.0 ?

I do very much the same thing: save everything in /etc, /root and /home
to a separate drive that is untouched by the upgrade, then do a full
install, formatting all partitions except /home.  I only do this on
major x.0 releases; for x.y releases I just upgrade.

It works very well.  It's nice because it keeps my system from
accumulating too much cruft, which I've known to cause problems in the
past when you update across several releases.

Raul