Re: problems with networking (eth0)

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions...

The device/driver info i just read from the hardware browser gui and hwconf.

And kudzu has already put and alias for eth0 into /etc/modules.conf for the network card driver

I used modprobe and lsmod shows the driver, and from the "/sbin/ip link" command i get a "lo" entry and an "eth0" entry. ( somthing like "eth0 <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast qlen 100 link/ether")

Sorry i should have been more explicit... the config files i copied - i did change the ip address and hostname information. (but left the domain,DNS,netmask,gateway etc... information as on the other PC)

However, i still get an error which says the network is unreachable.

Thanks again, guess i'll just keep looking..
Lorna

PS hope the wrapping is working now?