Re: problems with networking (eth0)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, Lorna M Stimson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the suggestions...
>
> The device/driver info i just read from the hardware browser gui and hwconf.
>
> And kudzu has already put and alias for eth0  into /etc/modules.conf for
> the network card driver
>
> I used modprobe  and lsmod shows the driver, and from the "/sbin/ip
> link" command i get a "lo" entry and an "eth0" entry. ( somthing like
> "eth0 <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast qlen 100
> link/ether")
>
> Sorry i should have been  more explicit... the config files i copied - i
> did change the ip address and hostname  information. (but left the
> domain,DNS,netmask,gateway etc... information as on the other PC)

Are both PC's on the same network?  I.e. (assuming a class C network), the
first three numbers are identical?  If not, you have to use a different
gateway for your computer.

In general, these files are small, so you could post them here.  Maybe
someone notices something you don't see.

Cheers,

Michael