Re: And Now Hate Mail?

Jim McConnell wrote:

John Lowell wrote:

I just got two private e-mail messages from someone on the list who lacked the courage to identify themselves to me or to permit a reply from me because they manipulated the From address in such a way as to make that impossible. I think I can guess who the party may be, but I'd like to share the contents of the messages with you. Some mailing list this one:

On Sat Mar 08 2003 at 21:05, John Lowell wrote:

jdow wrote:

>John, Michael is one of the helpful people on the list. If he says
>"read the man page" please take it seriously. The issue you are asking
>about is more complex than a simple answer can make it. The man page
>is as brief as you can get a full and complete answer. If it still
>leaves some questions then maybe this list can help you resolve the
>ambiguities. One problem with the simple answer revolves around whether
>the filesystem was created originally as ext2fs and converted or was
>created as ext3fs. The second problem revolves around how an ext2fs
>might have been converted to ext3. These are details you know from
>the history of your machine both before and after Psyche was installed.
>You did not supply them yet expect a simple answer. The simple to give
>answer is, most bluntly put, "RTFM". Michael was nice enough to point
>out which part of the man(ual) you should examine. If this is dis-
>courteous as you see it I'm not sure what can be done about it.
>
>I'll ascribe your testiness to the annoyance of trying franticly to
>get something working under immense pressure. Otherwise I'd be rather
>tempted to lace into you quite nastily for your arrogance.
>
>{^_^}

Interesting, jdow, but I rather saw him, and now you, as a bother.
Kindly never write me here again or I'll contact the list manager.

John Lowell

Oh, how terrifying!

Now you just go ahead and waste your time trying to do exactly that.

I'm afraid that it is you who is the wrong here.

you moron. you want abuse, you'll get it.

pull your head in and shut up.

and grow up.

And number two: