Re: Ext3 File System Check

Christopher A. Williams wrote:

I've ignored this thread until now. Seems to me that others who have
also commented that they reviewed this thread had also participated
--and had also gotten maybe just a *little* testy... No?..

<feeble attempt at humor>
I don't know how such an argument could ensue over a fsck (...ing)
command. C'mon, guys - can't we all get along?
</feeble attempt at humor>

Seriously, John, I agree maybe you were just a wee bit (OK more than a
wee bit) over the top. Then again, a few others responded in kind. Any
one of you could have stopped, but didn't.

Shades of an earlier thread dealing with one Greek reviewer who got
flamed here. True, she had an attitude, but in the end she gave a pretty
fair evaluation in her column though.

Everyone count to 20, kiss and make up now... :)

Cheers,

Chris

I agree with you Chris, its remarkable that so much has come out of a simple request for an answer to a question on the e2fsck command. Interestingly, I raised the very same question on another distro's mailing list this afternoon, was answered promptly, courteously, and with no lecture whatsoever about man pages. I didn't even receive one unsolicited comment on protocol or whether someone agreed with me or not. Funny, isn't it, how the people on some Linux lists seem interested in just being helpful.

John Lowell