Re: Ext3 File System Check

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, John Lowell wrote:

> ... its remarkable that so much has come out of a
> simple request for an answer to a question on the e2fsck command.
> Interestingly, I raised the very same question on another distro's
> mailing list this afternoon, was answered promptly, courteously, and
> with no lecture whatsoever about man pages. I didn't even receive one
> unsolicited comment on protocol or whether someone agreed with me or
> not.  Funny, isn't it, how the people on some Linux lists seem
> interested in just being helpful.
>
> John Lowell

then take your business there.  how much of a no-brainer can
that be?

personally, you're really starting to grate on me because,
frankly, being an abrasive, obnoxious presence on red hat
mailing lists is *my* job.

*i'm* the one who, on a regular basis, tees off on folks
who post in HTML or (my favorite pet peeve) use really
worthless, content-free subjects like "help", or "need help"
or "REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NEED HELP!!!!".

i've worked hard to earn the respect of my fellow mailing
list members as an occasional tactless nuisance, and i
don't appreciate some rookie punk showing up, all full
of piss and vinegar, figuring he can just take over.

you need to show some respect to your elders, son.

rday