Re: Moved HOME, Gnome Not Convinced

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:20:19PM -0600, Ronald W. Heiby wrote:

> Mostly, this seems to work just fine. However, Gnome insists on
> starting up in /home/user (which still exists, automounted from the
> home directory server). The Gnome GUI filesystem browser starts up in
> /home/user. Any terminal windows started, start in /home/user.
> However, at one of these shell prompts, one can type the command "cd"
> and gets taken directly to /lhome/user.
>
> How do I convince Gnome to put itself into the user's home directory?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ron.
This should have nothing to do with Gnome. Are you saying that in the
entry in the passwd file for this user says his home directory is in
/lhome/user and he is still put into /home/user. That is hard to
believe but if you tell us it is true we can go from there.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
715 Stadium Dr.