Re: print pdf files

I have discovered pdf files that are created by Alden Multimedia using Acrobat distiller 4.05 for Windows are unprintable from unix, including Redhat and Mac OS X systems. There are printable from Windows.

If I look at the files in vi, I notice that the carriage, line feeds show up as "^M". Various other features are similarly coded. pdf files created on MacOS X do not contain the controls as "^M" and are printable on all unix platforms.

I thought there was a standard for pdf.