Re: Firewall Configuration Issue

Am Fre, 2003-02-28 um 03.30 schrieb Jay Crews:

Dear "Gurumaster"

> > I just installed RH 8 and updated everything using up2date. I am new to
> > Linux so please be patient with me if I use the wrong terminology or
> > misunderstand.
no problem

> > Questions: What am I doing wrong? How do I change these settings so that
> > they will maintain?

first you should describe more detailed what you are doing.
Is the tool you used an old "ipchains-Module of Webmin", or another
"ipchains" -tool?
..this would explain that reaction, because you need a tool that
supports "iptables"

> > I appreciate any assistance offered.

Next Problem is; if you "attempting to host web services" that will be
availabe in public, you won't be able to build a proper firewall just
with a tool, and without knowlage what you are doing, so you should
consider to read all this:

http://www.netfilter.org/
http://www.linuxguruz.org/iptables/

and you should not miss to read this