Re: Supermicro dual XEON install failure

dsavage@peaknet.net wrote:

Wade,

Is your CD-ROM a slave on the same controller as your first hard drive?
Unless Promise does something exotic for RAID, I would expect your hard
drives to be hda-120G and hdb-120G as master/slave on the primary
controller, with hdc-CDROM alone on the second controller.

My CD and first hard drive are on the first controller.
The second hard drive is on the second controller.
The Promise card was REMOVED.  The controllers
used are the on-board ones......

It seems to work most of the time now (the BIOS
does not identify the 2nd hard disk and on one boot
it was not found by the kernel).

Cheers,
--
Wade Hampton