APM problems with IBM A31

Hi all,

I have IBM A31 notebook with Red Hat 8. The problem is that it hangs
when it is supposed to go in suspend mode (when i close the LCD for
example). I found somewhere on net info that newer Thinkpads have same
problematic BIOS-es, so i rebuilt kernel with this options on:

-- General Setup --
         yes   Power Management support
         yes   Advanced Power Management BIOS support
         yes   Enable PM at boot time
         yes   Make CPU idle calls when idle
         yes   Enable console blanking using APM
         yes   RTC stores time in GMT
         yes   Allow interrupts during APM BIOS calls

It is stated that last line (Allow interrupts during APM BIOS calls)
should fix problem, but it doesn't, it still hangs. Any idea or
suggestion ?
--
Eng. Dusan Djordjevic (RHCE)