Re: RH8 NEWBY-HELP!

HiLo to you MR. t,

My expertise is Journeyman Electronics Technician/w hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, and electrical expertise. Have worked with CPU's since 1974, main frame types by Digital Corporation using the late great (?) TTY type of input, UGH!! Have been working with DeskTop types since 1984 plus a Mini Main Frame type made by NCR using the BTOS OS, which is another UGH ! ! Enough of my experience, the first thingy I checked was the kbd connection, after I had checked the user access which worked just fine plus in WindBlows there is NOT a problem. Just when I use the 'root' access from the login screen/w the proper password which is approximately 15 or more characters. When using my user access and then doing 'su' in a terminal all works just fine. As has been pointed out to me, it just may be the Dummies CD's that are NOT really what they should'a had'a aut'a been. Excuse my feeble attempt at a FUNNY, at this point I will do anythingy to attempt to appease the GROUP.

One other thingy on that point, to do NOT attempt to fix what ain't broke. Looks to me to be within the software, some where.

Thank you,

'd'