Re: Shared storage array

Jesse Keating wrote:
Hello. I'm looking for a way to take 2 file server systems, each with roughly
1.4TB of storage, and sort of combine them, so that the network sees a 2.8TB
storage array.
The 2 servers each have 8 disks on a raid controller built in. I'm wanting to
drop an entire file system across all 2.8TB, and have the ability to add
more. Can something like this be done?

Jesse,

You probably want a cluster filesystem such as CFS, GFS, Lustre, etc. The Linux High Availibility Project (www.linux-ha.org) has some other options under 'Filesystem technologies'.

--