Re: Iptables rules for SAMBA

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 00:42, Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> I built the iptables file with Lokkit and I added only the masquerading
> line...everything is o.k. on my network: then added
> the lines that should have made shares available between my firewalled
> machine (192.168.0.1) and my other machine (192.168.0.10).
> What is wrong??? as I cannot share what I share when Iptables is off??
> Tnx
The best thing to do when debugging services that fail due to firewalls
is to add a logging rule just before any reject/drop rules.  Make your
log rule match the same as the following REJECT rule, then you can watch
your logs while you try to connect and see why its failing.  Also, your
default rules all seem to be ACCEPT, which isn't very secure.

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
As he had feared, his orders had been forgotten and everyone had brought