man page display issue

What terminal choice should I make over OpenSSH/SSH to be able to view the
man pages with options displayable?

On our RedHat 8.0 systems, we are not able to see the options to any
particular command given through the man pages unless we are on another
Linux system using the "linux" terminal emulation.  The plain text portions
of the man pages display correctly.

vt100, vt102, ....
and
xterm

seem to have similar results.

We also find similar results when connecting to these linux servers using
Solaris & HP-UX servers to connect to them.

It is preferable to be able to remotely administer the server with Windoz
boxes since we have them in abundance.

thanks,

Calvin Bebermeyer
calvinb@acm.org