From: psyche-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:psyche-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Tengjiao HU
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 7:57 PM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: system halts at "bring up the loopback interface..."

I just installed RH8.0 on my laptop, Sony GRX520. The whole installation
process went smoothly and it completely without any problem. But when it
reboots after the installation, the system halted at "bring up the loopback
interface", which is after it succeeded in probing the hardwares.

I read through the document in this email list and someone else met such a
problem before. Their solvation is to turn off the PnP in the CMOS. However,
for my laptop, I cannot find anything about setting up the PnP. What I
should do? Thanks in advance.

Other small problem is about the email list. Can I set up the prefence at a
daily choice, one email about all disscusion on one day, not many separated
emails. Thanks.