Re: system halts at "bring up the loopback interface..."

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Tengjiao HU wrote:

>I just installed RH8.0 on my laptop, Sony GRX520. The whole installation
>process went smoothly and it completely without any problem. But when it
>reboots after the installation, the system halted at "bring up the loopback
>interface", which is after it succeeded in probing the hardwares.

Is it trying to get an IP by DHCP immediately after that?

Is the hardware similar to the GRX570 ?  If so then this page (and its
author) may be helpful:  http://ted.serreyn.com/vaiogrx570.htm

>Other small problem is about the email list. Can I set up the prefence at a
>daily choice, one email about all disscusion on one day, not many separated
>emails. Thanks.

If you go back to the URL that you subscribed at you can set "digest"
on, alternatively you can send a mail to psyche-list-request@redhat.com
with the subject "help" and it will give you more detailed instructions.
You can find this sort of information by examining the headers of mails
in most mailing-lists.

HTH,
Oisin Feeley