Re: RH8.0 on Dell Dimension 4300S - Linux compatible??

At 12:00 PM 2/14/2003 -0600, Dave Sherman wrote:

>According to the Linux-Tested website, the driver module to use is dmfc.
Yeah, I checked that.  I notice that Redhat is the one that did the test, also.

>Run the command 'lsmod' to list the kernel modules currently loaded, and
confirm that this module is loading.
Nope.  dmfe is loaded.  Not dmfc.

> Also, run 'dmesg' and direct its
output into a text file ('dmesg > dmesg.txt'). Start looking for error
messages when the module loads, and see if it is even trying to load the
correct module.
No indication by dmesg of any error loading. Only error indications by dmesg are that when etho is trying to active, it does a "tx" and no return. Apparently tries this for awhile and says to hell with it.
I'm going to try to re-install RH8.0 and see if I can have an opportunity to specify the modem.

Thanks, John