Re: RH8.0 on Dell Dimension 4300S - Linux compatible??

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 16:06, John Nall wrote:
> I've Google-searched and searched the hardware compatibility list at Redhat
> and cannot find whether the Dell Dimension 4300S is, or is not, certified to
> run Linux on.
>
> Anyone know???  I'm trying to install RH8.0 on one, and it seems to install
> OK but there are some problems.  If the hardware is not compatible, then
> that is that.   I'll just quit.  If it IS compatible,  then I will pursue it
> further.

In my experience, it isn't whole systems that are certified, but rather
subsystems (video card, sound card, network card, etc.). That being the
case, you can simply get a list of the hardware in your Dell, and
compare that against the various compatibility lists.

On another front, why don't you tell us what problems, exactly, you are
experiencing?

--
Dave Sherman
MCSE, MCSA, CCNA