Re: rp-pppoe and firewall scripts

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 02:29, Wolfgang Rapp wrote:
> I have setup a DSL connection and set FIREWALL=MASQUERADE
> It semms it do not work. No I have a look to delivered scripts at
> /etc/ppp  firewall-masq and firewall-standalone .
> These scripts use ipchains  and this isn't installed on RH8.0.
>
> How to make that connections from eth0 and bluez0 are forwarded to
> ppp0 with masqueading.
> Must I setup my own firewall scripts and the rp-pppoe firewall options
> out of date for RH8.0
you have to set up masquerading in your firewall _and_
to actually 'turn it on'.  To make that persistent over reboots, edit
/etc/sysctl.conf and make sure this line ends in =1
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

For detailed help on both steps, see
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/IP-Masquerade-HOWTO/index.html
and
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Masquerading-Simple-HOWTO/index.html

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain@nospam.pcorp.com.au>
Do more than anyone expects, and pretty soon everyone will expect more.