Re: installing Red Hat 8.0 on a system with 2 processors and 3 SCSI hard drives...

On Friday 07 February 2003 19:13, Steve Strong uttered:
> Does Red Hat 8.0 Professional support multiple cpu's and SCSI hard
> drives?  If so, what am I doing wrong and if not, what a bummer!

Yes it does.  The installer doesn't use an SMP kernel IIRC, but does some
checking to see if you have a SMP system.  If it doesn't get it right, you
can always install/boot the SMP kernel manually, and it should work.

The SCSI card bios should show you how many drives you have.  If you are
basing the "drive" count by how many drive letters show up in Windows, don't,
as each partition of a disk gets it's own drive letter, and could cause
confusion.  Go by what the SCSI card bios says at boot time.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: