Re: Battery on Laptop

Hi,

I searched and located this discussion of differing battery
technologies, and some aspects of using them in laptops:
http://www.laptopsagain.com/laptop_battery_tips.htm

It doesn't address Linux specific power saving issues, but might help
with battery aging issues and with the perennial "always discharge them
completely" discussion.

You haven't mentioned which linux kernel you are using, from which
distribution, on which laptop.  Tools available in one aren't available
in another, alternatives may not be implemented in your model of laptop,
etc.  Could you tell us that sort of thing to start?

Meaning no criticism by this, notice that with what you've told us so
far, about all anyone could tell you is "go read"  8-)

If you can provide more specific information, someone might provide more
specific answers.

Cheers,
Bret