Re: USB Camera and SCSI Mass Storage device

<snip>
> I'm running Redhat 8, did the same with Redhat 7.3.  Redhat's
> automatic-hardware-detection-on-boot gizmo rewrites the fstab file each
> time.  I haven't done a lot of investigating of this yet - maybe there's
> a way to keep it from deleting the camera entry if the camera isn't
> plugged in on bootup.  Anyone?

remove kudzu from fstab  and it wont me removed when not there   but it
will also not change is you get different scsi ids  i have a few
usb-scsi mass storage devices as well as a zip drive and a tape drive.
i have mount points for each of the usb-scsi devices  and then the first
one i plugin gets the first adress and so forth  for each on i have.

Dennis Gilmore <dennis@dgilmore.net>