Re: Sendmail config

Maybe I need a simpler explanation:
Computer A is main mail server
Computer B is computer I want to forward from (to Computer A) - mainly system email
Computer C is another computer on the LAN with computer A (behind the firewall)
Computer D is totally unrelated to email scenario, just another node on the internet

Test 1 - C and D can telnet to port 25 of A

Test 2 - B cannot telnet to port 25 of A but can telnet to other open ports

The B to A connection is what I want ...
test 1 shows me that port 25 is open on A for both internal and external computers
test 2 shows me that B can connect to A (so routing is working) but not on port 25
therefore no problem with my ISP letting port 25 traffic in so something must be
set up along the route (through the internet) to block port 25 reuests from B
(requests don't even show up at A when running tcpdump)

Interesting enough, when I run tethereal on B and start a telnet to port 25, I
immediately get what I think are reverse DNS requests from a bellnexxia machine.

I think the Linksys router that is at the computer B site is blocking my nmap
scans - I tried putting B in the routers DMZ but no luck