Re: Open Office & JRE 1.4.1

Hmmmm, the amazing thing is a I have now read all of the posts
anyone else has experience this issue.

I would really not devel into the politics of Java on Linux as
I have before, but let me say this I think it is both
Sun and Redhats at fault in different ways.

As far as Java being slow, hmmm lemme just say NO. Maybe for GUI
but I think think you could classify Java as slow by any means,
memory intensive for sure but not slow (P.S. Try adjusting OO to use
a little bit more memory and see how that helps the performance)

So here goes my conclusion of what has happened to my machine and why OO
doesn't work now.

1. Worked w/ out Java.
2. Worked w/ Java 1.3
3. Doesn't work now that 1.4 is here

I think there is probably some nasty dependency buried deep down inside OO
that will work if Java isn't there (Why RH has been fooled), it will work
if the developed againest JVM is there (1.3).  But for some reason the
same dependency/code executed againest 1.4 causes a break.

Just a random though, now can someone tell me if I have any insight at all,
besides RH removed Java dependency.