Re: Severe Booting Problem

Hi,

> > I've tried to apply RH8 on my new Toshiba 2430-101 Notebook. (2,53GHz
> > P4, 512MB DDR_RAM, DVD/CDR-Combo, Intel Chipset, NVidia Geforce4 420
> > GO Graphics adapter). The CD boots, the kernelimage uncompresses. But
> > then, after the line "Kernel uncompressing ... OK" nothing will
> > happen. Only the line, that linux will start now appears on the
> > screen. I already tried different parameters like
> >
> > nopcmcia, acpi=off, apm=off, vga=791 (here, the screen becomes black
> > and nothing is shown).
> >
> > Any ideas ? There are no more debug information, no logs, no console,
> > nothing :-(((
> >

> I found similar with Toshiba 1110 Notebuck. What I found out was.
> Seems the ACIP is buggy. The cardbus don't have attached interrupts.
> Every time yenta_socket module is loaded the kernel freeze.

> Make a boot floppy - boot from this and do not add pcmcia support at
> booting. Then you should be able to install RH 8.0.

Mmmmh, I already tried to boot with the nopcmcia option, nousb too,
nothing helped. And another prob is, that this PC has a module bay. I can
use the floppy drive INSTEAD of the DVD/CD-drive. Both at the same time
won't work :-( So I only have to the option to install over the network,
which is not my favor, actually. So, there should be more solutions
outside than using a boot disk. I think the right kernel paramter could
solve the prob, but I have no idea which one could work ...

Cheers, Duncan