Wine and wineconsole

I have a windoze 16bit server application sucessfully running on RH8 under
wine. It works beautifully. Everytime that I start the app, however, I have
to have X up and running so that wine can create - what for all intents and
purposes - looks like a dos window to run the app in. Is there any way of
telling wine to use the current console session for output, and avoid having
to start, or even install X on the box?

I appreaciate any comments, suggestions or the like. Thank you all in
advance.

Will