MySQL IDE and Language (long)

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions.  I spent all of this
afternoon looking them up and doing searches on the internet.

I was leaning towards the xBase languages since I am so familiar with
the code. I have decided, instead, to use MySQL for a database engine.
It appears to be big enough to handle anything I can create and it is
apparently the most popular database in Linux.  According to MySQL.com,
MySQL is compatible with Oracle in speed.

What I am looking for now is an open source RAD or IDE that will help me
develop the user interface.  An acronym, LAMP stands for Linux, Apache
Server, MySQL and one of either PHP, Perl or Python.

I thought PHP and Perl were html languages, but I guess they are a lot
more than that.  I believe someone has also suggested Java.  I'll have
to decide on a language.

I didn't do too well when I tried to learn C over a decade ago.  I am
wondering with all its popularity, if I shouldn't learn one of the
internet's languages such as Jave, Perl or PHP.

I believe my decision will hinge on a balance of these things:
A	Popularity
B	Support
C	Power
D	Flexibility
E	Development speed and ease
F	Ease of learning
G	Execution speed
H	Ease of Debugging

(these are in no particular order)

Some of you may know other languages that fit my requirements.  If you
do, I appreciate your input and I'll look up your suggestions.

Thank you for taking time to read this long post.  I appreciate all your
inputs.

Buck