RE: Messenger Poppups

It is obvious from the replies that I am getting that the Linux crowd is
not familiar with the problem.  This isn't a put-down, just the bliss of
not having to experience the problem.

A new form of spam has emerged through a service automatically installed
and enabled on Microsoft Windows products that allow spammers to
directly attack prospects by popping up dialog-box ads on their screen.
As you will see from the sites I listed below, it gets through anything!
No matter what you are doing on your computer, the ad pops up and stops
your work until you click OK to close the window.

The statement about the Net Send command is close.  Only this is spam
generated from software designed to deliver spam to millions of computer
users.

Like I said, this isn't to be a negative toward those of you who haven't
experienced it.  Maybe the urls below will help you see what I am
referring to.

Thanks for all the answers and advice.

Buck

http://www.broadcastadvertiser.com/index.htm