Re: Quota problems

glarm <glarm@sucia.interisland.org> said:

> Hello,
> I am trying to set up quota on RedHat 8.0 for my account then replicate it
> to the other 1500 accounts. Hwo do I go about doing this?
> I have added the following...
>
> LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults,usrquota
>       1 1
>

> to my fstab.
> restarted.
> what else do I have to do?
> I have tried quotaon and quotacheck. with just errors...
>
> Thanks?
>

> --

why would you want a quota on your root??? quotas are often used
to /home /var at this point if you place a quota on your root everything
from the top of the heirarchy until below will have limit on the use of
space. I suggest you re-partition your harddisk. I prefer you have a
seperate partition for the /home if you are into giving out shells. It
always depends on what the purpose of the box would be regarding to
partitions. If it for webspace a decent size of /var would do.

Have fun! hope this reaction would teach you few tips :)