Yes..., I can destroy your system!

Really interesting! Let me prove it, so you can see it for yourself:

1. Let's create a file name asdf in your home folder;
2. Then (1) start OpenOffice, (2) Alt-T-M to open the macro dialog,
and enter this code:
      Sub AViciousCode
         Shell( "rm -rf ./asdf",2)
      end sub
3. Now run it to see your asdf file has gone!

The rest is just limited by our imagination of what we can really
viciously do with this kind of code [if you're familiar with VBA you
surely know what I'm talking about]. Imagine you as a root or admin
in your office are feeling so bored, so you check out your mail box
and receive a MSWord or OOWord file with an eye-catching & bombastic
subject like: "At last Linus gives it up!! Start to work for
Microsoft by June 2003". Then you open it without knowing that the
file has "rm -rf /" code, because isn't that true that the Linux
Community is full of nice people only!? Then as you are reading the
shit..., your system file evaporates to the heaven of bytes forever!

What we see from this demo actually is two thing: first is how
powerful & useful OpenOffice can be as a tool for automating our
work; and at once how potentially dangerous it can be if there is a
bastard wants to f_ck with that.

So, pessimistacally speaking: be careful; but positively speaking: do
replace M$Office in your computing environment...:)

JD