Re: Yes..., I can destroy your system!

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, zhiren wrote:

> Really interesting! Let me prove it, so you can see it for yourself:
>
> 1. Let's create a file name asdf in your home folder;
> 2. Then (1) start OpenOffice, (2) Alt-T-M to open the macro dialog,
> and enter this code:
>       Sub AViciousCode
>          Shell( "rm -rf ./asdf",2)
>       end sub
> 3. Now run it to see your asdf file has gone!

well, something to think about.  However, your system is only gone if you
do this a root.  If I remember right, there is a warning popping up if you
use root with gnome.  I don't know surely, because I 'su' always.

However, for the user files you seem to be right, and I don't know how you
can check beforehand if a document contain a macro like this, which might
be executed when opening it.  I'm a little worried, because I quite often
have to open ppt and/or sdd files which are not mine.  Any advices?

Cheers,

Michael