Re: Setting up Shortcuts for all users on a system.

Around about 16/01/2003 20:40, Lucas Albers typed ...
I am currently setting up my lab to use Redhat-8.0.
Students like to change the resolution on the display monitor; as ever user
prefers different resolutions.
I would like to put a link on the desktop or on the start menu to the
application to change resolution.
I've wanted to do this in the past, but not enough to fully follow it through.

I don't think you can simplistically customise it, but my original thought were to predefine several 'Screen' sections, each with a diff. valid screen res., then customise the global gdm/xinit rc stuff to look for a ~/.x-res file & issue a custom 'X -screen xxx' before running gnome.

Even if you write a nice GUI conf. front-end, it'd never work in 'real-tinme' though, as you'd have to log out and log in again to see the effect.

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature