Setting up Shortcuts for all users on a system.

I am currently setting up my lab to use Redhat-8.0.
Students like to change the resolution on the display monitor; as ever user
prefers different resolutions.
I would like to put a link on the desktop or on the start menu to the
application to change resolution.

Q1.) Is their an application that works for all users, not just root?

Q2.) How do you add items to the start menu, or desktop for all users?

I realize you can change it with ctrl-alt-plus and ctrl-alt-minus, but would
like to have a more intuitive method.

Another related issue, when we change resolution with ctr-alt-minus it goes
into the virtual desktop.

Q3.) How do you configure it so it does not start the virtual desktop when
you change resolution?

Any documentation on this or helpful advice?
I googled for it and could not find anything on it.