RE: Email and printing

I also use ntfs for winXP.. also I have a 7 GB fat
partition, so that I can move files between linux and
windows... so, donṫ worry... first, config your
grub config file.. under redhat 8 it is in (you need
to be root):

/boot/grub/grub.conf

this is my config file:

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making
changes to this file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means
that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to
/boot/, eg.
#          root (hd1,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hdb2
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd1,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
password --md5 81273891723987128937189273918273
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.18-14)
        root (hd1,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/
hdc=ide-scsi
        initrd /initrd-2.4.18-14.img
title Windows
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

*******************************
Do not change anything.. except ofcourse, you can add
the 3 lines that begin with "title Windows" Your
config file, might be diferent regarding the devices.
if your windows partition is the first drive (master
ide) then you can write it as it is... I also changed
"default=0" so that the first one boots, instantly
after a certain amount of time. If i wanted to boot
windows, I would change to "default=1" Also, I changed
the timeout value , if you want grub to take a longer
time (or shorter) to boot to the default, then do
so... the linux conf, must be already up to date.. so
no need to change that.. any questions, let us know..

Rigo

--- Lester Bauman <lesterbauman@telusplanet.net>