Best time to install Tripwire?

Hi,

I'm in the middle of building a new server, which is at present
disconnected from any network untill its finished and locked down.

I will be installing tripwire onto the box, I was really after some
advise on the best time to install and configure it?

1. Get the entire box setup (ie all services up and configured, all
accounts created and etc..), then install tripwire

2. Install tripwire & configure after a fresh install, then configure
the box

I was thinking of going with the first one, as if I install it first,
its going to keep alerting me whenever I alter config files, whilst
setting up the box.

Cheers

Mark
--
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;
to steal from many is research.