Re: Beginning Firewall Install

Hi,
check
/etc/modules.conf
alias eth1 modulename

service network restart and see if both nic startup...

On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 05:48 PM, Linn Kubler wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a firewall using RH8.0. I'm just installing the
system and I've installed two nics, started the installation and when it
gets to the nic configuration it only shows one nic, eth0. Shouldn't
there be two, eth0 and eth1? Or does that come later in the process?

If it does come later how do I determine which nic it's found?

Am I going about this the right way? Is there a better method for
setting up a firewall?

What I'm trying to do is have one nic on the Internet side with a
static address and the other nic will be on a local lan with another
system running a webserver. I just want people on the Internet to be
able to get to the website on the second system. Probably blocking
everything else for now, this is only a temporary config.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Linn

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan service. http://www.messagelabs.com/