RHCE and RHCT

Hi all :

I don't want to remain a Linux nitwit for the rest of my life , so I am
looking at getting RHCE certified , perhaps using RHCT as a
springboard. I don't have the money right now to afford the
expensive tuition fees , so I am looking for a Red Hat 8 book
to buy that I can use to develop a high degree of 'real world'
competency in Linux , an can also be used to effectively prepare
for the RH exams.

My problem is that most of these 'highly recommended'
books seem to focus on graphical desktops rather than on
the good old-fashioned command line. They also seem to
assume that Linux machines are all installed the same way
with the same packages.  A classic example is an old
RHCE Sybex book I have that yarns on about the 'Linuxconf'
tool for configuring network cards , when most of my clients'
machines out there don't even have Linuxconf installed
because it is not a default package.

What I need is a complete Red Hat 8 book that shows you how to
solve real world problems and how to perform the same relevant
tasks on the command line by editing files as well as how to use
the GUI. I need a book that does not assume that I am already
a Linux genius and that I should know what to do with a tarball
installation once I have unzipped all of the files.

Out of all the people on this list that have forked out their hard earned
cash to kill another tree for furthering their education , can any of you
recommend a Red Hat Linux book or range of books that I can purchase
that teaches both command line and 'GUI' Linux from scratch , and takes
you right up to guru level in an orderly and sequential fashion ?
( An ebook or an ecourse would also be useful )

Regards , Jason