Re: Hw RAID (Promise 20265 Fasttrak 100)

>I stumbled across a post somewhere stating that 3Ware was selling RAID
cards again so I decided to check them out.

Hmmmm, did not realize 3Ware was selling cards. I briefly looked at
Adaptec, which appeared to have a IDE RAID card that used a true
hardware controller and they claimed to have source available so I could
compile my own driver.

Could not quite justify going with the more expensive card so I ended
up going with the built in Linux software RAID and my server ran faster
and more reliable than the Promise card.

>Spend your money elsewhere and eventually they will get the point.

Yes, the money is going elsewhere!!

> Who wants to contact the vendor at every point release to get a new
storage driver???

Not anyone on this list that is for certain.

-Justin