Re: Linux backup software

ok... I use rsync or (s)ftp.. still easy & unattended :)

greetz

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 19:07, Margaret_Doll wrote:
> With Arkeia, I can back up dozens of computers at one time using
> multiple tape drives.  I can schedule full or incremental backups
> using an easy gui.
>
> On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 12:11 PM, Hans Scheffers wrote:
>
> > Why not use tar ? it can write directly to tape, schedule  it with
> > crontab. They just have to change tapes every day, that's it
> >
> > Most simple & cheap solution I think ;)
> >
> > greetz
> > Hans
> > On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 15:14, Lionel Barrow wrote:
> >> Ok guys, I got hopefully an easy question for you to answer. I need a
> >> reputable, powerful and easy to configure Linux backup program. I am
> >> going
> >> to be configuring several RH 8.0 machines for some of my customers
> >> and I
> >> want a solution where they just have to insert a tape, click a button
> >> and
> >> the next day, take that tape out, another one and repeat process.
> >>
> >> Please, I need as many suggestions as possible with their associated
> >> web
> >> links. This is very urgent. Thanks in advance guys.
> >>
> >> Salty
> >>
> > --
> > Hans Scheffers
> > http://www.jiffie.nl/stamboom/
> >
> > Der Horizont vieler Menschen ist ein Kreis mit Radius Null -- und das
> > nennen
> > <sie ihren Standpunkt.
> >
> > Linux Kernel 2.4.18-19 on a i686   -  userid 282784 @
> > http://counter.li.org
> >

> > --

Hans Scheffers
http://www.jiffie.nl/stamboom/

I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote
peace than our governments.  Indeed, I think that people want peace so much

Linux Kernel 2.4.18-19 on a i686   -  userid 282784 @ http://counter.li.org