Re: Redhat on Dell Servers.

>You haven't done much research into this have you.  You should at least
>be sure of your facts before you make comments like that :)

Maybe you should check your facts, i am running Redhat linux on dell
servers and having problems that could be  easily solved if i had a
windows machine. I know that these servers run perfectly on Linux but
many utilities that are available for windows are not available for
linux or if they are you either need windows to install them or you need
windows on the client to access the remote management interface.
I do not like the fact that linux is a second class citizen and i do not
like the fact that they impose windows in order to install the required
files on my linux server.
The Dell My Support page downloads that i need are .exe files that needs
windows to create the boot disk that i need, some documentation are even
bundled in .exe files.
The My Dell support page doens't even list Linux as a OS for submitting
an email to technical support.
It is not enough to just have the hardware supported under linux to
claim they support Linux.