Re: Limit user to use only home folder

Hi Remus,

If you are so inclined you can chroot (change root) the user login. The
link below has a brief overview...

http://www.tjw.org/chroot-login-HOWTO/

**************************
Kevin Lisciotti, CISSP
IT Audit - FRB Boston
617-973-3039
**************************

Jesse Keating <hosting@j2solutions.net>
Sent by: psyche-list-admin@redhat.com
01/06/2003 10:38 AM
Please respond to psyche-list

        To:     psyche-list@redhat.com
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Limit user to use only home folder

On Monday 06 January 2003 07:26, Remus uttered:
> As I told I need a few accounts for sftp connection and I would like to
> prevent these users to see/use root folder.

Hrm, I see this request a lot, but I don't exactly understand why..  if
the
box is properly configured, what would it matter if they see the root
partition, or any other globally readable file.  Perhaps I'm just too good

natured, or don't know how to |-|4x0r enough or whatever.

A side question would be, does sftp require a valid shell to do it's file
copies?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
For Web Services and Linux Consulting, Visit --> j2Solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: