gnome-terminal is terminally ill :)

This is the error I get the first time... (after restarting)

(the window sorta appears then dis-appears)

$ gnome-terminal
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'gnome-terminal' received an X Window System
error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 1088 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
aborting...

(process:30745): Gdk-ERROR (recursed) **: The program 'gnome-terminal'
received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadGC (invalid GC parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 1091 error_code 13 request_code 60 minor_code 0)
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
function.)
aborting...
Multiple segmentation faults occurred; can't display error dialog

If I try to run it again, the window appears with nothing in it. The
machine starts to get slower and slower as gnome-terminal takes up all
my ram and swap, then the machine becomes unusable (except to push the
reset button cause I am impatient).

I guess I will post a bug (as soon as I remember my login) ... but has
anyone else gotten that behavior? I can do "ALT+F2" and use xterm for
now :)

Tommy