From: psyche-list-admin@redhat.com
[mailto:psyche-list-admin@redhat.com]On Behalf Of Paul M. Livingston
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2002 6:44 PM
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Cc: psyche-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: SCSI vice IDE boot drive

At 08:50 PM 12/28/2002, psyche-list-request@redhat.com wrote:
>  On Sat, 2002-12-28 at 16:42, Bruce Douglas wrote:
> > > hey...
> > >
> > > that's exactly what i want to be able to do.... boot from a scsi.. and
>have
> > > a 2nd 80G ide....
> > >
> > > -bruce

Bruce;
Depending on which BIOS your MB uses, in one of the set up screens you
should find a line that reads something on the order of "Boot Sequence"
with one of the options being EXT (for external), in a nearby line you will
find something like "EXT =" with one option being SCSI.  Set that option
and make sure that your SCSI drive is set up as the boot drive per your
SCSI controller (normally unit 0)  Mine is set up "EXT, A, CDROM" but there
are a bunch of combinations that you might choose to use.

Just a suggestion, you might want to have a swap partition set up on the
EIDE drive and spilt paging between the 2 drives.  I also normally install
an emergency /boot on any additional drives as a quick and dirty way to get
back on the air in case of disk failure

However, I think making the BIOS changes will fix your boot sequence problem

Regards

Paul