Re: RAID 1 problem - solved, follow up

I have tested some different things out and it seems to work ok now.  What
I noticed is that the partitioning on the drives should be the same if you
want to raid / and be able to boot any drive individually to simulate a
failure.  Otherwise you'll have to edit the grub line (if you can
get to one) and change the hd=x,x line to whetever it should be for the
differently partitioned drive.  However, using one drive, I switched it
from the hda to hdc or vice versa, it would still boot because it is
hd=0,0.  I upgraded the kernel and even made some other changes and it
still worked fine, so I don't see the need for a seperate /boot partition
afterall.

hope this helps anyone else ...

P.S.  Many of the installer errors went away when I changed a HD, even
though it is perfectly functional.  Seems like anaconda is just picky
about hardware...